Mindfulness Post #5: Jelly Beans
Posted: April 26, 2022
Wondering what to do with your left over Easter candy? Try this mindful indulgence activity.
- Select 3-5 pieces of your favorite candy (I tried this with Jelly Beans and fell in love again with my favorite childhood treat) .
- What did you choose? What inspired you to select that candy (left over from the family, the color, a memory of you enjoying the candy, you haven’t had time to eat it yet..)?
- If possible, pick up one piece at a time.
- Place it in the palm of your hand and move it around with your fingers.
- What do you notice? Is it smooth, is it melting, what color is it, what do you smell?
- Now raise it up to your nose and inhale. As you exhale, notice if anything shifted.
- Take another inhale and on the exhale place the candy into your mouth. What is the first thing you notice? The taste, texture, instinct to chew?
- Notice and go with it.
Repeat 1-4 times; Notice anything that may shift and most importantly enjoy!